[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: LDAP Support expectations

bdaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 18:35:50 EST 2006

"bvogt" wrote :
  | Is the db part assigned to one already? If not, I can do it (because I need it ;-) ).

It's assigned to me ;)

Any contribution is kindly welcome. If you are willing to help you need to
1) sign contributiors agreement: http://labs.jboss.com/portal/con?noproject=true
2) then you can add your code as a patch in jira and I'll integrate it
3) code need to have test cases otherwise it'll be rejected

For the implementation:
The DB part you mention is not a big deal as for the base functionality its mostly about refactoring current hibernate stuff from 2.4 to comply with new interfaces in 2.6 (UserModule, RoleModule, MembershipModule and UserProfileModule)

There is org.jboss.portal.identity2 package in portal trunk in which new stuff is being done. After it's completed it'll replace the old implementation.
What is currently in svn looks more like draft at the moment. I'm going to give it more definite shape in around 2 weeks.  So there may be future changes in the design but big.

So for the hibernate implementation what differes is UserProfileModule. I was thinking about two implementations
1) current behaviour - we have a DBUserImpl object which fields are mapped to a table columns. so UserProfile is simply a fasade to get calles on DBUserImpl object
2) dynamic mapping - we define hibernate mappings for a user object in separate file and than construct SessionFactory based on them. The benefit is that we can mapp those atrributes in any way we want. This can be widen of course.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982808#3982808

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982808