[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: missing groups for role assignments

bvogt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 3 19:05:37 EST 2006

"julien at jboss.com" wrote : Bvogt,

  | could you give us a few use case to see what you mean in action ?

yes, no problem...

Think of a portal which provides different (business) functionality (e.g. applications accessible through the portal via SSO) for different (business ) groups of users (e.g. general manager, sales manager, normal employee, ...).
Assuming that the business groups are well defined, granting access to the portal for a new user means just adding it to the proper group.

This causes the following enhancements:
- definition of a new structural object: portal groups
- portal groups (can) have users and roles assigned
- dynamic assignment of user roles within the IdentityLoginModule
by evaluation of its group memberships.

This functionality is currently provided based on a SAP Netweaver Portal for  our customer...

If I look around I see, that e.g. liferay and jetspeed2 have this feature...

Burkhard

cf. http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=92487

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983149#3983149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983149