[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBossCache] - Partial state transfer -when target root integration is not

vblagojevic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 6 15:57:58 EST 2006

Hi,

While converting partial state transfer from RPC based mechanism I realized that there are numerous cases when partial state requested from target cache subroot is not integrated at recipient cache at the same subroot. This is particularly case with buddy backup manager.

As you might be aware I am trying to migrate partial state transfer to Jgroups callbacks. However, the problem is that jgroups partial state transfer does not accommodate this idea out-of-the box. Once channel1 requests partial state with channel1.getState(String state_id) it eventually receives setState callback with the same state_id. This callback is the handed of to StateTransferManager with that state_id.

In order to accomodate integration under a different subroot I will encode state_id from getState call with a special delimeter between the requested fqn subtree and target fqn subtree. Therefore,

ch.getState("/a/b$INTEGRATION_TARGET$/c",timeout);

would mean fetch state from /a/b but integrate it under /c.

Of course this will all be hidden by higher level API and in TreeCache.MessageListeberAdaptor that would strip this delimeter out.

If you have an advice or a comment - speak up.

Regards,
Vladimir

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983559#3983559

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983559