[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Incorporating Remoting http transport into Messaging

ovidiu.feodorov@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 20 22:16:55 EST 2006

Ron,

I've done a first pass over your changes. I have several questions/things to fix:

1. Is jboss-remoting.jar in lib 2.2.0.Alpha3, or it contains private changes? If it contains private changes, I need the source code, or better still, check in your changes on the Remoting 2x branch and tag it somehow, so I can get the right snapshot.

2. Looks like we need tomcat-http.jar, tomcat-util.jar, etc. This is fine, but Messaging should not guess what version is needed, the build process should pick this information automatically from Remoting's component-info.xml in the repository. Take a look at serialization's http://repository.jboss.com/jboss/serialization/1.0.3.GA/component-info.xml , see how Clebert declared a dependency of a specifc release of trove. Remoting needs to do the same thing with tomcat. Now I am using an arbitrary tomcat version declared in build-thirdparty.xml, and this is not correct.

3. CallbackManager: why is the lookup value calculated based on consumerID AND serverID. Can a CallbackManager receive callbacks originating from different servers? Why is serverID needed there?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987456#3987456

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987456