[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: XA recovery integration

juha@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 23 11:42:15 EST 2006

"timfox" wrote : So to clarify, we should be doing something like the following:

  | On server startup it should look in the db for any prepared tx states.

Why should we do this at startup? The tx coordinator is driving the recovery, no? It will eventually find transactions that ought to have been terminated still in its logs in prepared state. This is done by the periodic tasks in JBossTS. Once this event occurs, JBossTS first initiates its integration layer (XAResourceRecovery) to obtain the XAResource references and then drives it via recovery() calls. At that point we need to go look into our message persistent state and find if we need to drive the prepared transactions to termination.

This is how I understood how JBossTS manages things. Granted, I'm not done with the integration layer yet so I haven't been able to confirm this understanding to actual implementation, and may yet to be proven wrong.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988228#3988228

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988228