[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: JSR-170 message store

mark.little@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 16 12:41:38 EDT 2007

"derek.adams" wrote : "kurt.stam at jboss.com" wrote : I think we need one extra argument, a message store id/message classification.
  |   | I think we want to use the message store for all sorts of purposes. One example would be the DLQ I was talking about, so we need to be able to have 'substore' in this store, where I can store messages for this purpose. Is this posiible?
  |
  | The JCR allows arbitrary metadata to be associated with each node. I was thinking we could just add a jbossesb:delivered boolean property to each message node. We could then do queries against that metadata to get the list of undelivered messages. The JCR spec allows the base repository schema to be extended with custom types, so we could have a well-defined layout for all of the info related to a message. I could see attributes like jbossesb:message-id, jbossesb:message-created-date, jbossesb:message-category, etc.. which would make reporting against messages really easy. The database message store impl would do the equivalent by adding columns in the message table.

Because we can never know all possible search (and save) criteria, we want an interface that doesn't need to be updated everytime something new comes along. Do you think we've got that now, or are there more changes to be made?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037631#4037631

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037631