[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: New Callback and error handling

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 23 07:41:43 EDT 2007

Finally on the main callback code (not what I've shown above but it has the same
problems!), its questionable whether an error in a callback should stop the main bean
from being installed anyway?

This potentially represents a DOS attack!

  | public
  | @Install
  | public void dosAttack(DataSource ds)
  | {
  |   throw new Error("Nobody can register a DataSource!");
  | }

An error in a callback should just be logged as a warning about the broken
callback, not stop the original referenced service from being installed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039800#4039800

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039800