[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Bug in transactional delivery in an MDB

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 08:05:43 EDT 2007

Pls Ignore my previous comment - I don't think it is correct.

So what we end up with is the following behaviour:

An XASession that is not enlisted in a global tx behaves:

a) As a local transacted session for any messages *consumed*, this is so we can consume messages in an MDB in the context of a global tx (This is the old chestnut where the container can't enlist the session in the global tx until after the message has been consumed from the provider using ASF).

b) As a non transacted session for any messages *sent*.

So as you can see it will behave differently for any messages sent as opposed to consumed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040545#4040545

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040545