[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Re: Snapshots

pgier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 30 18:28:07 EDT 2007

"pgier" wrote : "adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  |   |
  |   | But I also got an error about not configuring the repository.jboss.com
  |   |
  |   | I thought the idea was that the new snapshots don't get updated there?
  |   |
  |   |   | [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  |   |   | [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
  |   |   | [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  |   |   | [INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for 'jboss-deploy:jboss-deploy'
  |   |   |
  |   |   | [0] inside the definition for plugin: 'jboss-deploy-maven-plugin'specify the following:
  |   |   |
  |   |   | <configuration>
  |   |   |   ...
  |   |   |   <jbossDeployRoot>VALUE</jbossDeployRoot>
  |   |   | </configuration>
  |   |   |
  |   |   | -OR-
  |   |   |
  |   |   | on the command line, specify: '-Djboss.repository.root=VALUE'
  |   |   |

  | These messages are coming from the jboss-deploy-maven plugin.  By default jboss-test will deploy to both the maven repository, and the non-maven (jboss build) repository.
  |
  | The maven snapshot deployment seemed to work ok for you.  The error message was letting you know that if you want to deploy to the non-maven repository you will have to set the location of where to deploy the stuff to.  I'll update the wiki and the error messages to make this less confusing.
  |
  | The wagon version is just the plugin that let's deployment happen over webdav.  You can ignore that.

Just thinking some more about this issue.  Maybe the plugin can prompt the user to either ignore the non-jboss deployment, or specify a deployment directory if it's not already set.

Would that be helpful?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041997#4041997

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041997