[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Need a NamedObject SimpleMetaType

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 3 12:55:07 EDT 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : The point I was trying to make before was that it probably be easier
  | for the mangement layer to deal with a map, so an alternative markup
  | might be to define on the collection:
  |

  |   | @MangementObject
  |   | public class SecurityDeployment
  |   | {
  |   |    // login-config.xml has many policies
  |   |    @ManagedProperty(managed=true map-id="name" id-qualifier="SecurityDomain")
  |   |    Collection<SecurityPolicy> getPolicies();
  |   | }
  |   |

  | Then the profile service when it does getProperty("policies")
  | would get a TableMetaValue of String(id/name)->ManagedObject
  | instead of having to iterate over an array of managed objects.

Ok, the reference to the login-config.xml is interesting now in that its not exposed as metadata available to the deployment layer. Its really handled outside of the associated security mbean as internal state of a custom jaas login configuration object in the jdk. It does in fact need to be associated with the jaas security domain mbean as sub-managed objects, and the id-qualifier needs to differentiate the SecurityDomain type further as there will be alternate SecurityDomain types (jaas, jaspi, ...). A little off topic, but that is why I was not following what the SecurityPolicy annotation was achieving.

I'll try to have a revision of the management annotations by Monday to review.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070729#4070729

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070729