[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: one central search page

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 9 08:05:05 EST 2007

can i conclude that there is concensus to have 2 separate search pages: one for task instances and one for process instances ?

open questions:
* will both of these have a menu item ?
* will there be a process definition search as well ?
* if not, what will be the way to start a new process instance of a process definition ?

Maybe we should have following menu items: 'Tasks', 'Processes' (process definitions) and 'Executions' (process instances)

Just a suggestion:

Tasks: shows the user task list by default.  I would put the search criteria form below the user task list.  By default, the current actor criteria field is set to the authenticated user...

Processes: shows the list of processes.  By default the list will filter out all processes that are not the highest version for a given process name.   Also here below the list, we could have the search criteria that can be refined by the user.

Executions: shows the process instances sorted by start date descending by default.  Also here i would put the dearch criteria form below the actual list.

On performance: I would not be bothered by performance now.  The architecture is build for scalability.  Fixing issues will be dealt with later.  Functionality, navigation and ease of use are more important for now.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999431#3999431

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999431