[jboss-dev-forums] [Deployers on JBoss (Deployers/JBoss)] - Ear deployment ordering broken in trunk

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 2 22:44:28 EDT 2007

Looks like EAR deployment ordering stuff done last summer for 4.0.5 is missing in trunk.  This is resulting in the same types of test failures I had last year in http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3503.

Seems like there are two problems:

1) The http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-2904 fix needs to be ported. In particular J2eeApplicationMetaData in trunk doesn not support the module-order config element.

2) By default, the old implicit ordering is no longer occuring (e.g. deploy  a -ds.xml before an ejb jar). There was some discussion last year in  	 http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=78376 of not having the implicit behavior be default in 5.0, so this might not be necessary.

If this isn't something where there's a plan to completely redo how this works, I'll open a JIRA for the above.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059780#4059780

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059780