[jboss-dev-forums] [Deployers on JBoss (Deployers/JBoss)] - Re: Ear deployment ordering broken in trunk

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 3 05:22:57 EDT 2007

There shouldn't be any need to define the ordering.

If the services (including ejb and web modules) have the correct dependencies
it does not matter.

However, deployment (rather than service) dependencies are on the road map
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036378#4036378
these will include "implicit" rules like:

Russian doll ordering
Explicit ordering
All or nothing deployment (either all the subdeployments are deployed or none are)
etc.

In fact, we'll likely support "random order" so people can check
that they have all dependencies defined (i.e. they are not being implicit)
but this is more useful for testing our dependencies are properly specified.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059842#4059842

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059842