[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of AOP on JBoss (Aspects/JBoss)] - Re: AOP ClassLoader/Scoping needs thoroughly revising

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 10:18:28 EDT 2007

Before I continue with the use cases, two caveats.

1) I going to be loose with what I explain, and try to explain it from a user's point
of view. e.g. If talk about intercepting database calls on Oracle, the user
is unlikely to know that Oracle is the implementing class and instead
specify join points on the jdbc interfaces. In the following I'll probably say both
but it is really the same thing, hopefully you can follow this loose speak
without pulling me up on what is done technically.

2) Some of what I describe as not possible can be done, but it is either
not easy or not obvious how to do it. e.g. In some scoping situations
you can make it work by using the MC's aop-mc-int and use proxies to get
"instance level adivce stacks" but I'm not assuming that is what will be or we
want to be used in all cases?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060840#4060840

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060840