[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: Portal build

thomas.heute@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 6 04:05:46 EDT 2007

I don't see the point of migrating to Maven our own build since we have nothing really bad to say about the current build system.  (except it takes some time to understand it at first if we want to modify, but new developers don't need to understand the internal anyway, they just need to know how to use it. "ant -p" is usually explicit enough)

The current build system is easy to adapt to anything we may need. ant is just a script language.

That was for internal usage.

That said, out of topic ("Portal build") but since we are talking about maven, i'm sure some users (and maven fans) would love to see our api library put on the maven repository and having a maven archetype to build JBoss Portlets (There is already an archetype to build standard portlets: http://www.mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.maven.archetypes/maven-archetype-portlet/1.0.1)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061135#4061135

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061135