[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: Initial UI Server Prototype Discussion

sohil.shah@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 6 11:52:33 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | There are also other valid points that makes me prefer a hierarchy over an objects that aggregates all:
  |
  | - easier to debug
  | - easier to categorize
  | - inheritance and polymorphism can be leveraged

These are actually valid points.

I am more concerned about the hierarchy overload from the standpoint of what objects are used/exposed to the Controller layer as it integrates with the UI Server.

I think the best of both worlds would be, inside the UIServer still have this hierarchy of objects, to be used internally by the Ui Server,

but as far as the Controller code that invokes functions on the UI Server, the protocol should be lean and mean with a trimmed down object model..

For lack of better term I would call it the "Client Side Object Model"

while the Internal Model could be called "Server Side Object Model"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061371#4061371

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061371