[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: @JMX aspect and aop/mc integration

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 7 00:03:44 EDT 2007

Do we still want to do the AUTO/STRICT/NONE approach. I moved away from this to do AS 5 Beta1 stuff and forgot about this.

It's simple enough to add AUTO/STRICT/NONE.  Just need to decide how to handle the registerDirectly attribute since it's been around a while.

1) It has the same meaning as STRICT, so we can deprecate it and javadoc it as causing STRICT behavior if set to true and the annotation is configured for AUTO (the default). Otherwise it has no effect. This means usages that specified registerDirectly=true or didn't deploy a standard mbeanl get consistent behavior. The (probably nonexistent) cases of someone who deployed a valid standard mbean but wanted a proxy registered anyway will break.

2) Remove it and accept complaints about an API change between a beta and a CR.

I'd say go with #1.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061544#4061544

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061544