[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: What is going on with aliases?

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 10:38:54 EDT 2007

Ok, I see what you are doing.
Each alias is associated with a name

  | <deployment xmlns="urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0">
  |    <alias name="Test">MyAlias</alias>
  | </deployment>

So you're saying I want to alias the context "Test" with the new name "MyAlias".
And this is a seperate deployment to where "Test" is defined.

It's an interesting idea. But if this really is the solution then it needs some
kind of marker in the component to say it is "NOT REAL", otherwise other
stuff built on the deployers like what I'm going to do with the metadata
repository and jsr77 or what the profile service is doing
is going to get very confused. :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062009#4062009

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062009