[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Uniquely identifying services and actions

burrsutter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 08:12:47 EDT 2007

Actions vs Services for naming...

>From the user's perspective Actions are not unique since they can be reused from service to service by wiring in via the jboss-esb.xml.

EPRs are "invisible" to the end-user (the developer/admin using the JBoss ESB).

Kurt said a "service instance" are unique, can have multiple per EPR and you can have multiple EPRs per registered service.  So that is a little bit hard to grok but might be the closest suggestion to solving the problem.

Our administrator's goal is to handle a few basic situations:
- What things are running? (what is this unique thing we are trying to describe)
- What things are not running (or are generally unhappy)?
- What do I do to go fix the thing? Hence having the .esb name and access to the jboss-esb.xml that configured the offending "thing" is very important (relates to Tom F's suggestion).

The "thing" (from a user's perspective) is a "service", not an "action", not an "esb archive", not an "EPR" (never seen an EPR).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062387#4062387

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062387