[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - JBAS-4276 Discussion Thread

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 11:00:27 EDT 2007

Discussion of http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4276.

Previous discussion taken from JIRA comments:

"Jerry Gauthier" wrote : Brian - I think you're already done this work. I couldn't find any configuration files in cluster\src\etc where we're injecting a partition name instead of HAPartition.

Yes, but IIRC there are a lot of places where ClusterPartitionMBean is the type of a property. That's JMX-centric and AS 5 should be POJO-centric. So, we need to look at the interfaces and move toward making HAPartition the property type. Also, no setter for a String partition name.

anonymous wrote : Brian - for clarification before I proceed with this work.

  | Using the HA-JNDI service as an example, you've already modified the configuration file (cluster-beans.xml) to inject HAPartition instead of the ClusterPartition mbean. However the property type of attribute "clusterPartition" in DetachedHANamingService is ClusterPartitionMBean. I need to change the type to org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.HAPartition. Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct.  Also don't want to expose setPartitionName().

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062509#4062509

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062509