[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Bean metadata views

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 20:06:24 EDT 2007

One thing I'm starting to work on in the context of the profile service managed objects/properties are annotations for describing which properties in an aggregate metadata bean structure (org.jboss.resource.metadata.mcf.ManagedConnectionFactoryDeploymentGroup) should be exposed as managed properties. Its possible that the object tree of exposed as the management interface has a different structure (generally flatter). I can see this being used by jmx, jsr77 aspects as well.

For example, the security-domain managed property for the nth datasource deployment comes from the ManagedConnectionFactoryDeploymentGroup/deployments[n]/securityMetaData/domain property:

  | @ManagedObject(...)
  | class ManagedConnectionFactoryDeploymentGroup
  | {
  |    List<ManagedConnectionFactoryDeploymentMetaData> deployments =
  |    class ManagedConnectionFactoryDeploymentMetaData
  |    {
  |       @XmlElement(name="jndi-name")
  |       @ManagedProperty(name="jndi-name", required=true, description="...", ...)
  |       private String jndiName;
  |
  |       @XmlElement(name="min-pool-size")
  |       @ManagedProperty(name="min-pool-size", required=false, ...)
  |       private int minSize = 0;
  |
  |       private SecurityMetaData securityMetaData = new SecurityMetaData() =
  |       class SecurityMetaData
  |       {
  |          @ManagedProperty(name="security-domain")
  |          private String domain;
  |
  |          protected SecurityDeploymentType type;
  |       }
  |    }
  |
  | }

There is an xpath like aspect for the metadata property being referenced, plus the managed property info. An xpath type syntax for a java bean object structure is a rather general feature that could be part of an object binding library. Did anything like this come out of the jbossxb/jaxb work?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062761#4062761

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062761