[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Uniquely identifying services and actions

mark.little@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 06:19:55 EDT 2007

"tfennelly" wrote : Well is the only issue with the length of the "formal" name one of displaying it (and hence the need for a "nickname")?

Possibly. I think it was Burr or TomC who mentioned it.

anonymous wrote :
  | If so, then is it not just a display issue?  For displaying on a UI, perhaps the name could be abbreviated to just the action name and use some funky AJAX thingy (or whatever) to popup the "formal" name on mouseover (or whatever).  For printing, I don't think you could use a nickname because that would require manual translation back to the formal name.

Yes, I agree. We have to consider all possible ways in which this will be viewed, including hardcopy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062902#4062902

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062902