[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - Re: JBAS-4276 Discussion Thread

JerryGauth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 14:24:13 EDT 2007

A question on the SessionStateService -

Currently this service instantiates HASessionStateImpl when the service is created.  If the partition hasn't been injected, the service just uses the partition name when constructing HASessionStateImpl.  The constructor then uses the partition name to ultimately lookup the partition via JNDI.  If the partition name is missing, the constructor uses the default JNDI name for the partition.

For other services that inject the partition, we throw an exception in the start() method if the partition is null.  In this service, we no longer have a partition name if the service hasn't been injected.  However we can still pass a null partition name to HASessionStateImpl which will trigger an attempt to perform the default name lookup.

I can leave HASessionStateImpl as is so that it will still attempt to use the default name in a JNDI lookup.  Alternatively I can throw an exception in HASessionStateService.create() if the partition hasn't been injected.

Any thoughts on what's preferable here?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063142#4063142

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063142