[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Re: jboss-head build testsuite action plan

ryan.campbell@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 16:36:52 EDT 2007

For the moment, let's take cruisecontrol out of the equation as I would prefer we do this as a generic hudson plugin so that we can apply it generically for any project that chooses to go this route.

That said, here is how it would roughly work (erring on the side of completeness):

1.  CI system polls SVN every 15 minutes looking for changes
2.  If changes are found, CI system polls SVN for additional 7 minutes to make sure the commits are complete.
3.  CI system performs a clean build
4.  If the build fails, rollback the commit by doing a reverse merge on the workspace using the last known good revision ID.
5. Commit this changeset to the repository.
6.  Send out an email flaming the committers to the build.
7. GOTO 1

This is the algorithm as I understand it.  Please confirm that I have it right before I tell you why I think its a bad idea.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063210#4063210

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063210