[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: MetaBridge

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 19:33:33 EDT 2007

"julien at jboss.com" wrote : So faces parse web.xml to find out stuff about how it is mapped since no such meta data is available from the servlet context ?

That's correct.  There is probably a default value if it doesn't find FacesServlet in web.xml, but I don't remember without looking through the code.  So, you still might be able to get away with wrapping FacesServlet if you must.

The point is that as it stands now, the JSF spec requires FacesServlet to be specified in web.xml for servlet-based JSF applications.  The impl is allowed to rely on this fact.  I'm pretty sure this will be fixed in JSF 2.0 and Servlet 3.0.

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063265#4063265

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063265