[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of AOP on JBoss (Aspects/JBoss)] - Re: jca prototype broken again

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 12 11:11:15 EDT 2007

Look at aop-mc-int - org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.beans

This needs doing properly and deciding what is really supported.
These are only really used by the jca prototype at the moment.

I'd prefer it instead of doing

  |    <bean name="ConnectionManagerBinding" class="org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.beans.StackBinding">
  |       <property name="pointcut">execution(* $instanceof{javax.resource.spi.ConnectionManager}->*(..))</property>
  |       <property name="advices">
  |          <list>
  |             <inject bean="TraceAspect" property="definition"/>
  |             <inject bean="ExceptionAspect" property="definition"/>
  |             <inject bean="SecurityAspect" property="definition"/>
  |             <inject bean="PoolAspect" property="definition"/>
  |             <inject bean="ListenerAspect" property="definition"/>
  |          </list>
  |       </property>
  |    </bean>

You could use the equivalent aop config in the -beans.xml

i.e. it would hit the aop schema in the xml,
use aop parser to create a BeanMetaDataFactory like the example I posted above
about creating a queue for jms.
The BeanMetaDataFactory would then internally generate the equivalent
BeanMetaData as the example I posted above.

e.g. psuedo code (I haven't looked up what the real aop config is or whether it even exists :-)

  | <aop xmlns="urn:jboss.aop:aop-mc-deployer">
  |    <pointcut>...</pointcut>
  |    <aspect-list>
  |       <aspect>TraceAspect</aspect>
  |       <aspect>ExecutionAspect</aspect>
  |  etc.
  | </aop>

would generate the same BeanMetaData as the one above,
but without all the junk, e.g. knowing what the internal bean and property names are.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063563#4063563

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063563