[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Transaction Services] - Re: Listen address of JBossTS ports not configurable

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 05:37:18 EDT 2007

"mark.little at jboss.com" wrote : [
  | Presumably you'd want this capability even if you were running JBossTS stand-alone, i.e., outside of JBossAS? If that's the case, any way we attempt to address this should work with the JBossAS approach, but not be dependant on it.

The JBossAS approach is to inject a bind address:

//@Inject
setBindAddress(String address);

and then the configuration is usually done form a system property

  | <attribute name="BindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>

But IMHO this is a bad way to do it. There should really be a way
to inject a ServerSocketFactory which allows a lot more configuration
of what the properties are and what protocol, e.g. ssl

In fact, my real opinion is that you should do the reverse and provide
an implementation of an interface like the following:

void run(InputStream is, OutputStream os) throws IOException {}

a bit like a servlet container or IIOP and then the host (e.g. JBoss)
decides how those streams are constructed and invokes your interface
to handle it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063880#4063880

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063880