[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Service lifecycle is broken for JBoss Messaging

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 09:33:40 EDT 2007

If I touch hqsldb-ds.xml in jboss-head, JMS does not redeploy.

  | 15:32:53,633 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=jboss.messaging:service=PersistenceManager state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed
  | org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: You are trying to use a connection factory that has been shut down: ManagedConnectionFactory is null.; - nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: You are trying to use a connection factory that has been shut down: ManagedConnectionFactory is null.)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:94)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.plugin.JDBCSupport.createSchema(JDBCSupport.java:218)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.plugin.JDBCSupport.start(JDBCSupport.java:156)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.plugin.JDBCPersistenceManager.start(JDBCPersistenceManager.java:123)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.plugin.JDBCPersistenceManagerService.startService(JDBCPersistenceManagerService.java:88)
  |         at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
  |         at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:196)

The reason is that the start() method is not retrieving the new datasource,
it is caching the old one.

  |    protected void startService() throws Exception
  |    {
  |       try
  |       {
  |          if (ds == null)
  |          {
  |             InitialContext ic = new InitialContext();
  |             ds = (DataSource)ic.lookup(dataSourceJNDIName);
  |             ic.close();
  |          }

This is just broken. What's the point of a service lifecycle and dependencies
if you ignore it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063987#4063987

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063987