[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: Usage of the new jboss50 new deployer architecture

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 14:25:41 EDT 2007

"thomas.diesler at jboss.com" wrote :
  | 3) Fix the error handling
  |
  | Please be more specific

You've got the same bugs as AOP,
to repeat what I said on that post, except with your code e.g.

AbstractWebServiceDeployer

  |    @Override
  |    public void deploy(DeploymentUnit unit) throws DeploymentException
  |    {
  |       for (DeployerHook deployer : deployerHooks)
  |          deployer.deploy(unit);
  |    }

So when the second hook fails, the stuff the first hook did is not rolled back.

  |    @Override
  |    public void undeploy(DeploymentUnit unit)
  |    {
  |       for (DeployerHook deployer : deployerHooks)
  |          deployer.undeploy(unit);
  |    }

So an error on the first hook means nothing else gets undeployed.
And the order should be reversed for undeployment.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064117#4064117

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064117