[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Providing bean name aware feature

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 11:02:08 EDT 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  | I said don't do it, to which you responded "I'll do it anyway. ;-)

I can deny it and delete/edit the post. :-)
But the 'mea culpa' would stay and haunt me ...

anonymous wrote :
  | The point is that the internal MetaData model remains clean.
  |
  | The only thing you are changing internally is the "inject metadata" to allow
  | it to get things from the context instead of another bean.
  |
  | You can do whatever tricks you like with the xml and annotations to remove
  | any boiler plate as long it produces the same metadata underneath.
  |
  | There's a number of other areas where such a "shorthand" would be useful.

Yup.
This is what it should have been done in the first place. :-(
I'll ditch my crap and rewrite this to the upper features.

If there is a bean attribute on the element as well, should I do the actual bean context lookup and perform the fromContext on that context?

And for all the other cases - e.g. type and fromContext - throw exception?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065039#4065039

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065039