[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: ProfileService todos for deployer changes

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 13:45:04 EDT 2007

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote :
  | + testJmsDestinationComponents is broken because the ManagedDeployment/ManagedComponent tree cannot be built from the DeploymentUnit or client Deployment view as there is no access to the service descriptor component mbeans. A destinations-service.xml corresponds to multiple mbeans of various component types. In general the component types are unknown. We need to move the ManagedDeployment construction out of the client view of the profile service into a ManagedDeploymentDeployer, and start adding annotations to the other deployers/deployments to identify the component/jsr77 types that are produced.

I don't understand this. The managed objects are built on the server side
by the MainDeployer with the help of the (parsing) deployers.
The client should not be doing anything except asking for the ManagedObjects.

IMHO the "jsr77 types" should be a part of the managed object api.
i.e. you deploy a -ds.xml and you then ask for the managed objects
you get back a set of managed objects which
return "datasource" or "connectionfactory" from
ManagedObject.getType()

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065915#4065915

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065915