[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBossCache] - Re: Region management issues

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 21 14:59:31 EDT 2007

Sorry, my last paragraph about finding regions faster is semi-nonsense.  You only get a benefit if there is a marshalling region at a depth below the eviction region.  Not total nonsense though, as that can happen with the Hibernate use case.

Related to the speed of finding regions, seems we lost the stuff Elias did in 1.4 where we tracked the depth of the deepest Fqn used to create a Region.  Then for any getRegion() request we trim the passed-in Fqn to that depth, and only start looking at that level or higher.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066423#4066423

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066423