[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Scheduling of services

beve do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 03:04:57 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've updated the wiki page with the suggestion given here.
Tom, could you take a look an make sure that this is what you meant?

I might need this sooner that I had previously thought. For our WSGateway we need to perform an additional task before creating the SOAP message as we need to pass variable arguments to the web service. We need to maintain state between calls and we also need to perform a task after the message has been retreived to update the state.

The way I've been doing it was letting the WSGateway have an abstract method so that subclasses can perform tasks prior to invoking the web service.
And subclasses can also implement a method that will be invoked after the action processing pipleline is completed by waiting for a reply like this:

  | TwoWayCourier replyCourier = CourierFactory.getPickupCourier( replyEpr );
  | try
  | {
  |     Message replyMessage = replyCourier.pickup( maxMillisForResponse );
  |     responseMethod.invoke( responseObject, new Object[] { replyMessage });
  | }

I think I'm instead going to use the a scheduling listener only to trigger an action pipeline process that starts a jBPM process, so the compose method will simply create an empty ESB Message object. The jBPM process will perform the first task which will add information to the ESB Message object and then invoke a service that sends the message to the web service(using a SOAPClient action).  The final step in the process will be the updating of the state which will complete the jBPM process.

Any comments or suggestion on this are welcome?

Thanks,

Daniel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066543#4066543

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066543