[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JCA on JBoss] - Re: Allow setAutoCommit(false) on managed connections

bill.burke@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 11:25:38 EDT 2007

I don't think you are listening to me.  connection.commit() /rollback()SHOULD fail as it is a state change.  setAutoCommit(false) should succeed as there is no state change to the connection if auto commit is already false.

Thirdparty code may not be doing commit(), rollback(), but may only be doing setAutoCommit(false).  Which should be perfectly fine, again, because there is no state change to the connection.  This could be what the user is running into.  I don't know.

Weston/myself had similar spec religiousness debates with Mark Little around allowing multiple non-XA resources in a transaction.

Morale of the story?  You may know something is wrong and not the right way to do it, but there may be no other way because you don't control all the variables.

Anyways, since I am not coding any of this, doesn't really matter what I think....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067069#4067069

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067069