[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JCA on JBoss] - Re: Allow setAutoCommit(false) on managed connections

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 14:31:47 EDT 2007

I doubt that method fails to commit either (and if it crosses an
EJB/transaction boundary it is even more broken :-).

But this is beside the point. The rules are simple.
If you want it, you do it!
As long as it is disabled by default.

I could have done it in the time it took for this
argument if I thought it was a good thing
(my guess is that it doesn't even solve the problem!)

BUT ONLY DO IT IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SUPPORT IT AND
ANSWER ALL THE STUPID QUESTIONS.

I'm fed up of people adding unsupportable/broken features and leaving others
to answer the faqs with the same old message;

"Don't use it is broken and its an anti-pattern/anti-spec."

The classic example is remote datasource usage - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1794
which is an issue that goes back long before I opened that JIRA issue 2 years ago.

If I thought it was a good feature, I'd have fixed it. I don't, so I won't. :-)
Well actually, I probably will eventually (since nobody else is stepping up to the plate)
but its nowhere near the top of my priorities.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067141#4067141

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067141