[jboss-dev-forums] [Other JBoss Development Design] - org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertiesEditor

dimitris@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 15:27:06 EDT 2007

Many of our property editors extend org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.TextPropertyEditorSupport and operate in a reverse mode, i.e they store the string form of a property and convert to object whenever getValue() is called (rather than storing a converted object).

In this way the string form remains intact, so there is no property replacement if you ask back the string with getAsText().

org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertiesEditor in JBoss Common 1.x operates like this, but it was changed 2 years ago in jboss head (now jboss commons 2.x.) by 'genman'.

This causes a test failure since getAsText()
- doesn't preserve the property item order
- resolves ${whatever}
- includes the leading #timestamp

so I'm wondering what's the semantics we really want and whether I should bring back the 1.x implementation, or change the tests.

The only related JIRA issue I could find is this:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-2117?page=comments

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067573#4067573

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067573