[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: JBMICROCONT-181 & ManagedDeployments

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 11:45:32 EDT 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : "scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote :
  |   | I agree with the notion of views, but this seems more of an admin tool task.
  |
  | But doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the Managed project?
  |
  | The admin console could do everything, but expecting it to keep in step
  | with changes is almost certainly a futile hope.
  |
  | Only if the admin console is able to react to new metadata (or old metadata
  | for that matter) will the project have any hope of staying relevant.
  |
  | The task is equivalent in scope/work to updating the doco everytime
  | somebody adds/changes configuration options.
  | In practice, if it is done at all, it is usually late and then misleading for users
  | of older versions.
I see a view as a presentation option to the admin user. The purpose of the managed project is to expose the managed properties/ops for tools. Presenting those to the admin in a way they understand is the tools job. Even if we did provide hints for groupings, I still see the tools wanting to display these in their specific ways and as components have new managed features they will want to update their views.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067876#4067876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067876