[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBossCache] - Re: Too much jboss cache INFO logging

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 14:05:42 EDT 2007

Thanks. :)

The definition of INFO vs DEBUG there is slightly vague, until you interpret the concept of "service state" in the INFO description in terms of the AS ServiceMBean.getState() definitions; i.e. lifecycle state -- created/started/stopped/destroyed.

With that interpretation all these should be at DEBUG.

We could cheat and log the version as part of a "Cache started" INFO message. :-)

BTW, with the practice of only supporting Platforms, the need to log versions is reduced, since the JBC version is defined by the Platform version.  When we support JBC as a Framework, the support tools will be fixed so the customer can properly specify the version in the form they fill out to submit a case. Presumably they know the version if they went to the effort of specifically buying support for it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067955#4067955

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067955