[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBossCache] - Re: New Locking Strategy Proposal for JBoss Cache

jason.greene@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 15:38:49 EDT 2007

"galder.zamarreno at jboss.com" wrote : Manik, thanks for the wiki, it's clearer now :)

  | For curiosity, how would you enforce SERIALIZABLE? It's quite an edge case but I guess it's exclusively locking read operations and the rest as it is, correct?

Yes, essentially an exclusive FQN lock is acquired on all read operations. We also have the ability to skip the node copy on writes, since it's not needed.

I think everyone is more likely to use the forceWriteLock option on a read (AKA SELECT FOR UPDATE) with READ COMMITTED or REPEATABLE READ instead of SERIALIZABLE, since it allows you to selectively chose when and what you serialize access to.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067981#4067981

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067981