[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: JBMICROCONT-181 & ManagedDeployments

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 02:37:43 EDT 2007

I'm looking at reusing the existing ManagedObjectFactory, ManagedObjectBuilder, ManagedObjectPopulator classes as the bases for the ManagedDeployment/ManagedComponent. I am thinking the latter are just extensions of ManagedObject now with the aggregate notion and component notion added.

A couple of issues:

1) The AbstractManagedObjectFactory.buildManagedObject(Class) method always produces a ManagedObject. If an attachment class does not have a ManagementObject annotation I don't think we should as a loop over all DeploymentUnit attachments is going to have too many ManagementObjects.

2) We can't adequately describe the ManagedProperty constraints (allowed values, min/max) via annotations. It seems we need something like a ManagedPropertyConstraintsPopulator:

  | interface ManagedPropertyConstraintsPopulator
  | {
  |    /** Populate the ManagedProperty fields constraint related info
  |    */
  |    populateManagedProperty(Class attachmentClass, PropertyInfo info, Fields fields);
  | }

and this would be registered with the ManagedObjectFactory similar to how ManagedObjectBuilders are.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068099#4068099

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068099