[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - JBossAppParsingDeployer issue

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 28 10:06:53 EDT 2007

A problem with the JBossAppParsingDeployer is that there can be an ear that only contains a META-INF/jboss-app.xml. This is not being processed correctly because there is no J2eeApplicationMetaData input if there is no META-INF/application.xml. We are throwing away the J2eeApplicationMetaData determined by the EARStructure deployer which is the deployer that has the implicit ear contents logic that is based on structure/annotations. We need the ability for a structure deployer to add attachments that can be used as input to parsing deployers.

I guess the correct place for this is in the StructureMetaData/ContextInfo, however, this only supports PredeterminedManagedObjects. It would also need to support TransientManagedObjects.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068447#4068447

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068447