[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: JBossAppParsingDeployer issue

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 17:04:20 EDT 2007

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote : I don't see how allowing the structural parse to introduce deployment metadata has any affect on a programmatic deployment.

Because the structural deployer is not invoked if I tell it explicitly what the
structure of the ear is. It is also not invoked if I add a META-INF/jboss-structure.xml

Describing the structure programmatically is just a case of adding the
structure metadata equivalent of META-INF/jboss-structure.xml to the deployment.

In order:
1) Is there is a predetermined StructureMetadata attachment?
2) Is there a META-INF/jboss-structure.xml
3) Is it an EAR - EARStructure.

Only if (1) and (2) fail will the EARStructure get invoked.

So in summary you can't assume that a structural deployer will be invoked.
It shouldn't do anything other than creating structure (and only then
when it is invoked because there isn't an explicit structure).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068902#4068902

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068902