[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: JBossAppParsingDeployer issue

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 20:24:29 EDT 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : "scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote : I don't see how allowing the structural parse to introduce deployment metadata has any affect on a programmatic deployment.
  |   |

  | Because the structural deployer is not invoked if I tell it explicitly what the
  | structure of the ear is. It is also not invoked if I add a META-INF/jboss-structure.xml

Ok, that is the real problem but I'm ignoring why this has any impact on programmatic deployments other than that to properly provide the structure metadata for an ear without an application.xml, you would have to also provide the J2eeApplicationMetaData. It is too much to assume this will also be programmatic available, so if that is what your saying I agree.

I have created an EARContentsDeployer that is ordered after the AppParsingDeployer and runs on ears without META-INF/application.xml to produce the implicit J2eeApplicationMetaData. The jboss-app.xml only ear is being correctly processed with this deployer in the chain.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068959#4068959

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068959