[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Advanced MessageStore implementation

mark.little@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 25 07:13:23 EDT 2007

Let me explain further. The MessageStore interface is basic at the moment, so does need extending. One way to do this would be to standardise on JSR-170. Another would be to have our own interface that may look similar to JSR-170, but narrower in terms of what is required for backend implementations (after all, we're not trying to make the MessageStore a general content repository: it will only ever store Messages). The latter approach is what the group agreed back in June 2006.

I haven't looked at JSR-170 in depth, but storage repositories with search and indexing facilities have existed for many years. We don't want to do anything that would preclude users plugging them into the MessageStore. Do you think that it would be easy for non-JSR-170 implementations to be plugged into a JSR-170 based API? Or are we right to stick with the current plan?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031383#4031383

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031383