[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Need better class file support in vfs

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 7 00:10:23 EST 2007

It turns out its a pain to determine the name of a class file identified by a vfs visitation. There can be any number of parents that are not part of the package name, for example:
jmsrar/jms-ra.jar/org/jboss/resource/adapter/jms/inflow/JmsActivation.class

In the AnnotationMetaDataDeployer I'm working on I just ended up using the javassist ClassFile to read the bytes to get the name. This slows down startup time another 50%, and its already too slow. There are other ways to better track what package roots could be, based on the classpath, and maybe that is all that could be done. I was thinking that VirtualFile should support attributes/annotations such that the classpath roots could be annotated to simplify such class file type of processing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102400#4102400

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102400