[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB3 AppClient - tests now pass but there are issues

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 11:09:13 EST 2007

"wolfc" wrote : "adrian at jboss.org" wrote : I'd have thought JPA is a valid client api, it's JavaSE?
  |   | But then I'm not a big fan of client side -> tier 3 type nonsense. :-)
  | By spec you can use a PersistenceUnit (see http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-1050). But Emmanuel doesn't like that, so he won't give me a remote persistence unit. :-)

Isn't it just a case of proxying the persistent context requests over remoting
and making sure the request handling on the server side runs
in any UserTransaction context created on the client?

I think we can do that in the appserver without hibernate having to implement it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104200#4104200

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104200