[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Security on JBoss] - Custome Authenticators Defined At Web Application Level

darran.lofthouse@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 18 09:18:16 EST 2007

I know that as custom authenticators are implemented as a valve they can be added to a context.xml deployed with the web application - however looking at the jboss-service.xml of the jboss-web.deployer I see the following comment: -

anonymous wrote : You can configure a set of authenticators keyed by http-auth method used. This
  | will apply the same set of authenticators across all web applications. You can
  | override the set of authenticators at the web application level by adding
  | <authenticators> element to the respective jboss-web.xml

Looking through the dtds for jboss-web for 4.0, 4.2 and 5.0 I can't see if this is possible, also looking at the testsuite I have not seen any deployments that have deployed authenticators this way.  Is this feature actually available?  If so do we have any examples of how to use it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105853#4105853

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105853