[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Transaction Services] - Re: IIOP stub compiler design problem

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 08:47:13 EDT 2007

"jhalliday" wrote : Adrian -
  | What's the correct technique where a client application is needing to use dynamically generated stubs? Presumably the compilation occurs on the server and the stub is sent down to the client. Does  the generated code do runtime lookup of the ORB to use in the client JVM? How do I interfere with that process, since ORBInitialContextFactory is not present on the client? Or do I need to add it to the client classpath, even though it's part of the /server/lib not /client/lib   It seems like if I can do a ORBInitialContextFactory.setORB(myORB); in the client and the dynamically loaded stubs will respect it then that should work?

The ORBInitialContextFactory should be automatically setup by the appclient environment.
If you are outside an appclient then you need to do it yourself.

Other alternatives include:
1) Setting the ORB in the environment yourself (after the initial context
is constructed)
2) Configuring the ORBInitialContextFactory yourself
3) Writing your own ICF
4) Let CosNaming create an ORB for every request, but override all
the system properties to make it use JacORB
when it creates a new one (see the testsuite for details).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086067#4086067

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086067