[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Indirect dependency names

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 10 06:09:03 EDT 2008

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  | 1) Why can't the thing that creates the MC contexts do your logical name + next number
  | processing? i.e. you store next number within the factory.

It can, and currently does. Its just needing to rebuild the bean metadata list for the components for each new instance even though all that changes are the underlying mc bean names. In terms of types of metadata and relationships between then, nothing changes once the factory is initialized. If there was a name indirection on the dependency values then only that piece would need to be updated.

Actually, back to the guid idea notion, if there was auto generated id notion with a scoped alias notion such that the dependencies names used the alias scoped to the list of beans used by the factory, and the bean guid was generated each time then that is something that would work.

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  | 2) What unregisters the MC contexts when they are no longer required?
  | i.e. what keeps track of this generated name to remove it?
I updated the "GenericBeanFactory and install methods" thread:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=133332
with the current ComponentFactory spi, it has a destroyBeans call to unregister the beans created during createBeans.

This code is checked in the jboss-kernel project tests under org.jboss.test.kernel.deployment.support.container.{spi,plugin}.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143108#4143108

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4143108