[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: COM Gateway

DirkBangel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 15:11:37 EST 2008

Hi Mark,

it is non native COM gateway and can be used even from non windows platform, that is the idea behind using http://j-interop.sourceforge.net . I could not follow what you meant by Web services option, is there a way to interoperate with COM runtime using Web Services? For sure, the web service could directly redirect the call to a COM server, but we intend to directly call the COM server.

Do you mean such a scenario/ approach ?

----->[ESB] ---> [Listerner] ---> [Web Service] ---invoke dll or j-interop --> [Com Server]

We intend:

----->[ESB] ---> [Listerner] --j-interop ---> [Com Server]